LIGNA - DUO – Finishing Oil with Catalyst 1L
Finishing oil for wood and epoxy tables and worktops !
DUO by LIGNA® is a catalyzed oil finish system made from high-quality vegetable resins that provides long-lasting protection for interior wood and epoxy surfaces. Its tough, nonoverlapping formulation provides a beautiful satin-matte sheen while creating an effective stain barrier. DUO provides a high tolerance to abrasion, humidity, chemical, and mechanical attacks, making it the ideal finish for high-use and heavy-duty surfaces. If your beautiful oiled wood table is starting to lose its shine, there’s no need to sand it to restore it: a cleanup with an appropriate product and the application of a thin coat of DUO will be enough to bring it back to its original luster. The use of a Catalyst improves performance, and drying speed and reduces curing time by 1/3!
- High-quality oils and vegetable resins
- Create no overlapping effect
- Waterproofs protects and enhances the wood grain in one coat
- No need to sand to refresh the finish
- High tolerance against wear, abrasion, chemical, and mechanical attacks
- Catalyst improves performance and reduces cure time by 1/3
DUO by LIGNA®️ is intended for all interior wood and epoxy surfaces but particularly tables, countertops, kitchen islands, and worktops. This product is highly recommended for finishing ‘Epoxy River’ or ‘Live Edge’ style furniture.
DUO is undoubtedly the appropriate alternative to epoxy finishes where consumers require a lower gloss finish.
- For bare wood surfaces, sand by finishing with 100-120 grit and dust off.
- For high-density woods only, such as maple, open the wood grain after sanding 100-120. Wet and let dry. A light sanding with 220 grit to ‘break’ the wood fiber will be necessary after drying.
- For epoxy surfaces, sand with 100-120 grit and remove dust. Clean and degrease using denatured alcohol.
- Prepare the surface thoroughly so that it is free of wax, varnish, or other contaminants.
Mix Part A (oil) and Part B (catalyst) together carefully. Never add more than 5% catalyst to the finishing oil.
- With an applicator pad or cotton cloth.
- With a rotary electric sander equipped with a micro-fine abrasive disc.
- After 5 to 10 minutes, remove any excess oil by rubbing the surface with a bleached cotton cloth.
- If the room temperature is high during the application, avoid exceeding 5 minutes before removing the excess, otherwise, the product will dry on the surface.
Optional: For a shinier finish, you must polish with a polishing machine equipped with a white pad after 1 to 24 hours.
Number of coats :
1 to 2.
Drying time :
- WORKING TIME: 45 to 60 minutes.
- BETWEEN COATS: 8 to 16 hours.
- LIGHT USE: After 16 hours.
- FULL DRYING: 10 to 14 days.
Estimated Delivery: 2-7 Days
Free Instore Pickup
Tues to Friday 9-5, Sat 9-2.
Wood Workers Guarantee
At Fractal Designs, our products are a testament to our passion for craftsmanship. As seasoned woodworkers, we stand behind the functionality and quality of all of our products. Our Woodworkers Guarantee ensures that you're investing in a product tested and trusted by professionals who use these very products day in, day out.
We guarantee that our products will provide the solid foundation and enduring support that your projects deserve. However, we also acknowledge that during the journey from our workshop to your workspace, minor blemishes might occur. Most of these are negligible and won't be noticeable once your project is complete. Yet, they stand as a hallmark of a true woodworking journey.
If upon receiving your order, you find any functional flaw or defect that affects your project's integrity, we are here to make it right. Our priority is to ensure that you are satisfied with your purchase and that our products meet the high standards of quality and functionality that we, as woodworkers, demand.
Discover the assurance of working with products that are crafted, tested, and approved by woodworking enthusiasts. Embrace the journey of craftsmanship with the Woodworkers Guarantee by Fractal Designs.