Deep Pour Epoxy 2:1 Ratio (Price Per 15 Litre Kit)
Original price $300.00 - Original price $300.00
$300.00 - $300.00
Current price $300.00
Our epoxy is a simple 2-1 ratio by volume. It is rated for up to 2” thick or 5cm.
- Anti yellowing
Please read all of these instructions carefully
- The labels state the temp must be above 20 degrees Celsius. This is true for smaller pours up to about a 1/2”. But if you’re going to 2”/5cm then you want this temp to be 16-19 degrees and no more
- Our epoxy is generally ready for de-moulding after 48 hours. If it feels as hard as a rock if it usually good to go. Depending on ambient temp, quantity mixed and depth this can change slightly, but 48-72 hours is generally all it takes.
- Mixing is the most important step to epoxy. If you mix the product correctly it will harden. Heat can always be added to the reaction a few days after the initial pour if the epoxy is still soft. If the epoxy is still soft even after heating the room with a space heater, it was a mixing issue.
- Always scrape the sides while mixing. I generally use a drill with a mixing attachment and paint stick 2-4 times while mixing to scrape the edges thoroughly.
- Never scrape out the epoxy mixing bucket into the pour. If you missed any resin in the mixing process, it will lie on top and not harden.
- This epoxy is very good at self-gassing, I always torch the bubbles anyways. Set a timer on your phone for 12 hours after you pour and go pop those suckers, why risk it.
- Water will cause you nightmares. Don’t ever let your epoxy come in contact with moisture.
- Worried about a leak? Pour a few liters to start, and then pour more before it is fully cured (around 24-30 hours). This will prevent you from watching 100’s of dollars leak onto the floor, unfortunately, this tip and all the others are from personal experience.
- Have more questions? EMAIL ME. I am here to help my customers. Brad@fractaldesigns.ca