Deep Pour Epoxy 2:1 Ratio (Price Per 15 Litre Kit)
Our epoxy is a simple 2-1 ratio by volume - Even when mixing the kit in its entirety use graduations. It is rated for up to 2” thick or 5cm.
- Anti yellowing
Please read all of these instructions carefully
- The labels state the temp must be above 20 degrees Celsius. This is true for smaller pours up to about a 1/2”. But if you’re going to 2”/5cm then you want this temp to be 16-19 degrees and no more
- Our epoxy is generally ready for de-molding after 48 hours. If it feels as hard as a rock if it is usually good to go. Depending on ambient temp, quantity mixed, and depth this can change slightly, but 48-72 hours is generally all it takes.
- Mixing is the most important step to epoxy. If you mix the product correctly it will harden. Heat can always be added to the reaction a few days after the initial pour if the epoxy is still soft. If the epoxy is still soft even after heating the room with a space heater, it was a mixing issue.
- Always scrape the sides while mixing. I generally use a drill with a mixing attachment and paint stick 2-4 times while mixing to scrape the edges thoroughly.
- Never scrape out the epoxy mixing bucket into the pour. If you missed any resin in the mixing process, it will lie on top and not harden.
- This epoxy is very good at self-gassing, I always torch the bubbles anyways. Set a timer on your phone for 12 hours after you pour and go pop those suckers, why risk it.
- Water will cause you nightmares. Don’t ever let your epoxy come in contact with moisture.
- Worried about a leak? Pour a few liters to start, and then pour more before it is fully cured (around 24-30 hours). This will prevent you from watching 100’s of dollars leak onto the floor, unfortunately, this tip and all the others are from personal experience.
- Have more questions? EMAIL ME. I am here to help my customers. Brad@fractaldesigns.ca
Click Here for MSDS
Click Here for TDS
Estimated Delivery: 2-7 Days
Free Instore Pickup
Tues to Friday 9-5, Sat 9-2.
Wood Workers Guarantee
At Fractal Designs, our products are a testament to our passion for craftsmanship. As seasoned woodworkers, we stand behind the functionality and quality of all of our products. Our Woodworkers Guarantee ensures that you're investing in a product tested and trusted by professionals who use these very products day in, day out.
We guarantee that our products will provide the solid foundation and enduring support that your projects deserve. However, we also acknowledge that during the journey from our workshop to your workspace, minor blemishes might occur. Most of these are negligible and won't be noticeable once your project is complete. Yet, they stand as a hallmark of a true woodworking journey.
If upon receiving your order, you find any functional flaw or defect that affects your project's integrity, we are here to make it right. Our priority is to ensure that you are satisfied with your purchase and that our products meet the high standards of quality and functionality that we, as woodworkers, demand.
Discover the assurance of working with products that are crafted, tested, and approved by woodworking enthusiasts. Embrace the journey of craftsmanship with the Woodworkers Guarantee by Fractal Designs.